Our approach consists of the most effective, natural, hands-on treatment techniques based on modern and ancient science. The goal is to restore balance and increase function in all aspects of health, including the microscopic and macroscopic levels. This is done by increasing communication and movement between cells, in the blood vessels, in and between the organs, connective tissues, muscles, bones, and last but not least, in the nervous system which consists of the brain, spinal cord and all the nerves of the body. All systems and structures in the body work together in unison, as an orchestra, and are always striving for harmony. In essence, the whole is greater that the sum of its parts.
It is common that the cause of the problem is different from the area of pain. It is also important to realize that all patients are individuals and may respond differently to, or be affected differently by conditions or treatments. For this reason, our treatment plans are based on a thorough consultation and exam (including orthopedic, neurological and biomechanical evaluation) and customized to meet the needs of each individual.
One of the most important aspects of our treatments is to empower the patient to be able to take control of their body. This is important not only for symptomatic care, but for enhancing wellness after symptoms have been relieved. In this way, patients are able to manage their lifestyles and conditions appropriately in order to live and perform at their fullest potential.
Treatment options include:
- Functional soft tissue techniques, including Active Release Technique (A.R.T.) and Stecco Fascial Manipulation to release fascial tension.
- Acupuncture to regulate central and autonomic nervous system function, increase energetic flow and microcirculation and release tension in muscle and connective tissue.
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue techniques such as Graston and Fascial Abrasion Technique to release fascial tension.
- Chiropractic adjustments to normalize joint mechanics.
- Functional rehabilitation to restore balance, strength and prevent re-injury
- Massage therapy release tension and increase circulation and lymphatic flow.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy to enhance healing.
- Nutrition interventions to assist the healing and repair process and to enhance cellular health.